We back our world-class pools, spas & hot tubs with world-class service.
AQUA provides a complete range of services that cover every facet of pool, spa & hot tub operations. We do extensive repair and maintenance work throughout the year, including pool openings, closings and weekly service.
We dispatch our large fleet of technicians in well-stocked vehicles primarily in Talbot, Queen Anne, and Dorchester Counties. AQUA also offers 24/7 emergency service and operates an on-site repair shop for pumps, motors, and automatic cleaners.
We take pride in what we do. We appreciate every customer we have. Here’s what your neighbors are saying!
Ask us about our Platinum Service contracts! Our Platinum Service customers enjoy year-round, turn-key pool care at a discounted price (and a private Platinum service hotline!). We can provide you with a custom quote based on your pool’s needs.Get started now!
AQUA POOLS & SPAS LEAK IDENTIFICATION
It may not be uncommon for your pool’s water level to vary day-by-day. Environmental factors such as humidity and wind can have an effect, causing water loss up to ¼ inch a day, or about 2 inches per week.
SIGNS OF A POOL LEAK
- More water loss than regular evaporation, about ¼ inch
- Air in the pool system
- Equipment loses prime
- Visible cracks
- Deck is sinking or lifting
- Soggy spots around the pool
- Need to add water more than once a week
If in doubt, perform the bucket test. This simple procedure will help you determine if water loss is due to evaporation or a leak.
- Bring pool water to normal level. Fill a 5-gallon bucket with pool water to about two-thirds from the top.
- Place the bucket on the first or second step of the pool, ensuring bucket is immersed in the pool water at least five inches.
- Mark the water level inside the bucket.
- Shut off the pool’s pump and autofill. Mark the pool water level on the outside of the bucket.
- Resume normal pool pump operation.
- After 24 hours, compare the two water levels. If the pool water (outside mark) goes down more than the bucket’s water level (inside mark), there is probably a leak. If levels are the same, only evaporation has occurred.
In case of rain, repeat the bucket test. Expect water loss from normal evaporation. Test is invalid after 24 hours.
PREPARE FOR PROFESSIONAL LEAK IDENTIFICATION
It is recommended pool be vacuumed spotless prior to leak detection. Leaks as large as 1” in diameter could be missed until the dirt covering the leak is vacuumed or brushed away. Make sure the water is clean and not green. If water is green, it may contain molds, fungus or other contaminants which would prevent the leak detection professional from entering the pool.
AQUA LEAK IDENTIFICATION AND REPAIR
After you have taken the above steps and are fairly certain your pool or pool system has a leak, call AQUA for a professional evaluation. Leak identification is performed by a two-person dive team at a rate of $175.00 an hour, plus trip charge. Leak identification is an exploratory process and is performed on a time and material cost basis.